Thursday, October 1, 2009

winter wonderland...in OCTOBER?

Okay so the title is exaggerating a little bit... However, THERE IS SO MUCH SNOW ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAINS. Its crazy. I've never seen THIS much snow in October & yesterday was SEPTEMBER. AHH. People aren't that excited about it, whereas I like FREAKED out when I saw it. HAHA, but thats because they're used to it. I wake up every morning to find that the snow has begun to creep slowly down the mountain so I'm just waiting to wake up one morning with a white backyard! It is so pretty & at school I am CONSTANTLY looking out the window at school. I swear, I'm never going to get over how beautiful Norway is. I mean its not like there is a full on blizzard going on, but its just so weird to see even a LITTLE bit of snow earlier than December! I just thought you alll would like to know that :D.

NEXT: So I only have ONE MORE DAY UNTIL HØST FERIEN (FALL BREAK)! I am SO SO excited. I already said that I was off to Oslo this weekend, which should be very nice. I will finally get to meet Sabrina (my other host sister)! She lives in Oslo, so she will come and visit Sanne & I at the hotel we're staying at! We'll be in Oslo for two days & then we will fly back to Førde to have a FULL WEEK OF RELAXATION. I seriously need it. I am tired ALL the time. So it will be nice to just "slappa av" (relax). I don't have MANY plans, but I know that on Tuesday I'm going shopping with Andrea, Kristina, and possibly others. When I say "shopping", I actually mean looking at everything, debating with myself whether or not to buy something, then deciding that it costs too much money. EVERYTHING IS SO EXPENSIVE (as I've said). THANKS USA ECONOMY ;). The rest of the week I will probably hang out with friends, definitely go to the gym, & just lay around and do NOTHING. Ahh so good. OH there is also this carnival thing being set up like right outside of my school. Its called "tivoli" & to be honest it looks prettttty sketch, but possibly fun. Everyone says its not that cool, & real small, but I want to go anyways, so I'm making someone come with me. :D. yay.

So yesterday I had a math test & surprisingly, I think it went well. I know I didn't get a 6 (Norwegian schools grade on a 1-6 scale instead of the A-F scale), but I actually tried, & I know I got some things right. However, I am so bad at some of the things we are learning, & they are so hard for me to understand, even in English, so I'm hoping the teacher is a little lenient with me. LOGARITHMS-ANYONE CARE TO HELP? :) haha.

Okay so remember how I told you that Aud got me books on learning Norwegian (Nynorsk)? Well its helping A LOT & I'm so happy that I have it now, but thats not why I'm bringing it up. It gives pretty cool Norwegian facts or lessons on culture. Also, at the end of each chapter there is a little piece of Norwegian history or a Norwegian folk tale IN NORWEGIAN so Its a double team. Its great.

SOMETHING COOL I CAME ACROSS TODAY: the typical norwegian meal schedule. Its actually quite true.

7-tiden; FROKOST (breakfast)
12-tiden: LUNSJ (lunch)
4-tiden: MIDDAG (dinner, I know its so early, but its true!)
6-tiden: KAFFI (coffee, & small desserts)
8-9 tiden: KVELDMAT (evening meal, usually a piece of bread)

Okay thats all I got for now. We'll chat soon ;)

LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment