So WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING IN MY LIFE:
FIRST.
I had the AFS beginning-of-stay camp.
SO that was fun. However, it wasn't as fun as I had hoped. You've heard most of it already because the camp was basically just like the camp in Oslo except smaller groups. I think I heard the AFS rules another 7 times. I think I have them burned into my head for eternity. SO I won't forget the rules, AFS, don't worry ;). NO ILLEGAL DRUGS, NO DRIVING, NO HITCHHIKING. yes, THOSE are the rules.
We began in Bergen. THAT WAS THE MOST FUN OF THE WHOLE WEEKEND. I love Bergen, Its GORGEOUS. I want to go back again. All the kids from Sogn og Fjordane took a boat from Florø to Bergen (MINUS LAURA FROM FRANCE BECAUSE SHE FORGOT! hah). We were the earliest ones there. We got there at about 12 pm and we had to meet AFS at the bus station at around 5:30-6 pm, so we had time to kill in Bergen. That was great. We were met by one of the AFS volunteers, I can barely say his name so I'm not going to bother writing it... Its a mix between 'Evan' and 'Ivan', but it's neither. Anyways, he met us and took us to the bus station so we could put our big backpacks into a locker so that we could walk around Bergen without having to lug everything with us. Then he left us & we were out on the town. haha, yeah. We just shopped and hung out in the city square. Bergen has a sort of "vibe" about it. Its so relaxed, and chill. Its also completely and absolutely the most beautiful city. It KIND of reminds me of San Fransisco, just by the way the buildings look & the hilly geography with the sea bordering it. So for about 4 hours I hung out with Evan (from USA), Melody (From China), and Obeth (from Mexico, he met us around 2). Then we went to the Bus Station to meet with AFS & the other exchange students. It was cool to see some of my friends that I had met at the other camp like Grayson & Ceylin (I love them, they're so cool). Grayson (from USA) Ceylin (Turkey). Then we drove about 3 hours to a little cabin just past Voss. Literally in the middle of nowhere, but that was nice. The drive to Voss was ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. Seriously, the views I see in Norway never cease to amaze me. ahh. Its amazing. The location of the cabin was great, the cabin itself was not so great. There weren't enough beds, and it was littler than expected. I didn't really care, it was just nice to relax after weeks of CONSTANT learning & filling our brains with more new information. I'm not going to go into the details about what we did at the camp because you have heard it all before, just more seminars. My favorite thing, though, was being able to be with everyone, because they're in the same position as me. (However to brag a little I was one of the best at having learned the language ;) ). There were MANY laughs & jokes. We have a pretty funny bunch in AFS NORGE REGION 3! ;)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP:
*seeing my friends that I met at the other camp
*Drinking water from the mountain river
*amazing amazing amazing views
*BERGEN
*GOOD FOOD
*GUITAR
DOWNERS:
*Kinda cold
*SO MANY SEMINARS & pointless activities
*SO MUCH FOOD, MAKING ME FAT (I literally ate the most I have ever eaten. EVER)
*didn't speak nearly enough Norwegian as I had hoped
The camp ended on Sunday & we all piled back onto the bus & headed back to Bergen where the Sogn og Fjordane kids took the boat home (THIS TIME WITH LAURA, hah). The ride home was so fun on the boat because there was a point where the waves were SO huge that we had to go outside. The AFS kids were the only ones crazy enough to be out there, it was SO cold, but SO fun. We had to hold on.
Above all, I had a great weekend & our next camp will be the Midstay camp in February. :)!!
UPDATES IN Førde:
School is getting harder. & the language is getting more frustrating, because there are some things that I CANNOT comprehend. I have TWO math tests tomorrow, & I have NO idea how I am going to pass them because I KINDOF understand, but not really everything. & I am so embarrassed to ask questions, because again, I want to blend in & NOT be the burden. I know I SHOULD ask questions. Its a good trait to ask for what you want & more importantly for what you need. blah I'm nervous. OH! & also tomorrow my English teacher asked me to give a little presentation on my hometown tomorrow, like what it is like, how my school works, what subjects I am taking, & what I do in my spare time. I'm going to show them pictures of school, my sports teams, VA, & what not. That should be fun :)! Anyways, back to learning the language, Aud got me these books on Norwegian grammar, & Nynorsk, so when I get lost in the Historie or Norsk discussions, I just teach myself Norwegian from my new books! :). Its great. It is actually helping.
The first time I was homesick was the weekend. It was Emmaleah's (my sister from USA) birthday, it was raining, & I had NOTHING to do so I found myself looking at my family and friends profiles on facebook. NEVER a good thing to do. SO I was homesick. BUT! I quickly got over it as I kept reminding myself that I'm in one of the MOST beautiful countries in the world & I am so lucky to have an amazing host family in a really nice town!
As for social life: nothing really has been happening. I'll update more on this later.
Upcoming events:
OSLO NEXT WEEKEND!
HØST FERIEN (spelling?) NEXT WEEK: that means Fall Break, I get a whole week off!
HALLOWEEN: we ARE going to have Halloween here
anyways, I'll probably update more this week.
LOVE YOU! HA DET!

No comments:
Post a Comment