Saturday, October 3, 2009

RIGHT NOW. THIS SECOND.

WHAT I AM THINKING RIGHT NOW:

hdfsfskkkkkfhajkhewuihjndsjbkl. Why does it have to be so slow to learn a language!??! THIS IS MY BIGGEST FRUSTRATION, & my most sought out for goal. I want to be able to understand what my friends are saying to each other, or what the heck LEGEVITENSKAP means, or WHY EVERYONE IS LAUGHING after someone says something. I am exhausted with focus, & lucky you, you get to read me whining to you. Its so so so embarrassing when someone says something to me and, although I can't see my own face, I must look pretttttttty stupid with a seriously blank stare. People must be getting frustrated with my constant questions and non-stop "EG FORSTÅR IKKJE."!!!! Sometimes, this constant headache is a LITTLE tiring. There are times, LIKE NOW, when I just don't want to focus on the language every waking minute. Its a part of the process blah blah blah. I KNOW. I WILL LEARN. I just want to participate, be a part of good class discussions, & I enjoy a deep convorsation with a friend but its hard to have one when you know MINIMUM Norwegian & your embarassed to talk English. Its not necessarily a barrier, but its tough. okay I'm done.

Other things on my mind: Middag soon. nice.

love you.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eg synest du er flink (think you are doing great!)
    Ikkje gi opp, og jobb! (don't give up, and work)
    Og berre spørr! (just ask)Det er ikkje frustrerande i det heile, så ikkje tenk det! :) (It's not frustrating at all, so don't worry about that!)

    Sov godt:)

    October 16, 2009

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei! jeg er ei norsk jente som er utvekslingsstudent i Italia med afs, og jeg skjønner at språket vårt kan være frustrerende.
    mitt råd er å bare ikke bry deg så hardt om grammatikken nå, og heller prøve å snakke mere. det er slik man lærer. lykke til videre:)

    hi! im an afsstudent in italy for this year. i understand that our language can be a bit frustrated. my advise is to don't think som much about the grammar, try to speak more instead, that's how you learn.
    good luck:)

    Marie in italy

    ReplyDelete