Tuesday, November 24, 2009

norsknorskengelsknorsk.

So, the rain is back. After a nice long break without it. It's come again--full throttle. :D love love love. Actually, it really isn't THAT bad, it is just getting VERY COLD. Hey now, I can't really say anything. I was warned before I got here. So the past few weeks haven't been super exciting. There haven't been any crazy parties or volleyball tournaments or insanely frustrating times where I cannot fathom what I have gotten myself into. It's just like home. Its comforting and not boring--yet. I think I've graduated from being "the foreign girl" to "Cassie from America" if that makes sense at all. STILL THOUGH, people don't just come up and talk to me. I don't understand the utter fear that some people have to speak English with me. I mean maybe its because I'm just so scary and intimidating ;). YEAH RIGHT. Its like that saying "its probably more scared of you than you are of it." Like when talking about spiders and such. In this case, I'm the spider and the Norwegians are the "you". Seriously, I don't think their English is bad AT ALL. My Norwegian is still VERY minimal & so I'm probably extremely more terrified. Actually, I KNOW I AM. Its probably my only frustration :) PLUS, they can speak norwegian with me now. I'm actually surprised at how much I can understand or can circulate through my mind to come up with the right translation, (or close to it). I don't want to be that weird girl that just goes up to them and talks, ya know? But hey, maybe I should try. I need to get rid of the epic plague of shy-ness. I regret that I have it & have not searched for the cure. Being shy isn't going to get me anywhere though.

Some exciting things that have happened include me seeing NEW MOON on the Norwegian premier date, 20th of November. IT WAS GREAT. I like the first one better, & no matter how many times Jacob takes his shirt off, I'm still an avid Edward fan. Sorry, hon, your abs can't give unconditional love like Edward can. HAHA, okay I'm done being one of THOSE obsessive Twilight girls. However, I have come to realize that the "Twilight craze" is not purely a weird cultural American thing. ITS ALL OVER THE WORLD. EVERYWHERE. You can't escape it. Thats what you get when you write about an insanely hot vampire falling in love with a regular girl. Cruel ;). The movie itself got REALLY bad reviews in Norway. One source rated it a 2 out of 5 while another rated it a 3 out of five. I doubt the critics read the books though, that's what made the movie ;). I went with a whole group of girls & the theatre was PACKED. sold out, of course. Mostly girls, although I know there are a few fans that are guys in my class that were there also ;). I should have counted the swoons or sighs when Jacob took off his shirt. But then again I should have counted how many times Jacob took off his shirt, haha. Unnecessary, but I'm not complaining...After the movie I slept over at Marte's and ate more candy than I needed too. I also vowed to excercise the next day...FAIL...instead I went into Førde (MET EVAN THERE! yay! be happy evan, you get a shout out.), met Synniva & Marte, then went to Synniva's house with Gunvor and Marte and made pancakes (HEALTHY ONES, MIND YOU) and I ate more candy. woo! Let's not discuss how I've gained weight since I have been here. But, blog readers, you'll be proud to know that I ran VERY far on monday (a nice hearty jog), and then today I went to the gym with Kristina. To say the least I AM trying to be an active exchange student. I'm trying not to stand out too much as the American by standing against the stereotype that ALL Americans are fat. Because we're not.

Other exciting things to come include THANKSGIVING ON THURSDAY! I am going to make dinner and have friends over. I'm really glad I get to do that, because I'm not sure that I'd be okay with not having a Thanksgiving...I love that holiday. I have been promised a family "skype" meeting. In which almost the entirety of my family is going to video chat with me. Which will make me nostalgic, I know it, but I'm happy I get to talk to them & be a part of it. (SIDE NOTE TO JONES FAM: JONES BOYS EMMALEAH AND UNCLE ANDY- KICK MY DAD AND UNCLE CHARLIE'S BUTT IN THE JONES HOCKEY CUP THIS YEAR! You guys MIGHT be okay without me ;). Please eat loads of pumpkin pie & keep the "president" tradition alive. Watch the parade & give me highlights. & ONE MORE THING: DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME, I'll be thinking about you guys!) Another thing is MY BIRTHDAY IS IN LIKE 2 and a half weeks! So exciting. Not sure what I'm doing yet. Nothing big, can't have a party because I don't really know that many people but probably with have some girl friends over & possibly dinner at the hotel with the fam and some friends! THAT will be so nice. :) I got a package today & MOST OF IT I COULDN'T OPEN BECAUSE MY MOM WRAPPED IT SAYING "DO NOT OPEN BEFORE DECEMBER 11TH". :) excited to open them, thanks mommy! (by the way, thanks mom for the copious amount of American Flags. Anyone reading this that goes to my school can have an American flag if they want one. Just shout out. haha ;). ) THEEEEN it is Christmas! yayayy. I love December. <3>

However, I gotta get through this week first. I had a student/teacher conference & we both decided that I am going to try harder in the subjects that I dubbed "impossible" before. For example in Norwegian, History, & Sociology I am going to attempt the work. Its important that I read and write in Norwegian, & TRY the difficult Norwegian. This friday I have to take the History test. Its not going to be the same as everyone else's but she asked that I try to write something (IN NORWEGIAN, MIND YOU) about the crusades. It won't be so difficult that I die from strain, but it will be hard and possibly stressful. I'm kinda excited though, to be able to participate. Maybe people will actually see that I can be a smart girl rather than the clue-less foreigner. YAY.

Updates again soon.

One more thing: I want snow. please.


love you.



MISS YOU KAILEY, PUPPY DOG, POOPY:





No comments:

Post a Comment