Monday, April 19, 2010

plain and simply norsk.

Soooo I thought I would blog a little about my favorite things and things I like about living here in Norway that we don't have in the US and my favorite things in the US that I'm basically DYING without here ;).




HEI! I LOVE ANDREA SKAFLESTAD <3.>



NORWAY:







-Public Transportation: the buses are literally amazing. They aren't SO expensive & I can get where-ever I want. I don't have to drive anywhere & if the buses aren't running I can just walk because everything is so close.








-Grønn Lime IsTe: one word. Amazing. I LOVE iced tea, but I'm pretty sure this is the best iced tea in the world (minus Arnold Palmers of course;))





















-Melkskjokolade: It's basically milk chocolate but BETTER. For those of you who think "Hershey's" is good you are being DECIEVED. I really don't like milk chocolate at home but let me just say that this Norwegian chocolate here is to die for. Its def the culprit for the extra pound-age thats goin' on right now.















-OSTEHØVEL!: Yeah I mean they sell them in the US & I'm sure people use them, but I had NO idea what it was when I came here...I've never used one before now. It's just so...efficient.
-Wearing leggings as pants: So I REALLY love that I can go to school or out in public for that matter in just leggings and a top. I do it in the US too (not to school because that's "against dress code") but I've been told to "PUT PANTS ON!" before or have been asked "Why are you wearing leggings?". Idk the style is just more laid back here.





-Norwegian songs on the radio: Its exciting to hear Norwegian songs on the radio because we don't have them (obviously) in the US.







-Matpakke: I'm really not sure what I'm going to do without it. (Matpakke: an extremely efficient system of packed lunch usually consisting of a couple of bread slices with an assortment of toppings ranging from cheese to leverpostei...for those who don't know what a "matpakke" is.) Seriously, I've learned to live off of bread slices and cheese slices. Two things I don't really eat that much of at home have now become like my two main food sources.







-KANTINA:



-Snow in April! <3<3<3<33<3<3<33<3<33<3<33<3:>
- BREAD: the bread here is like 738273987398273897 times better than it is at home. It just is way more fresh and the taste is just better.. I know that a boy who was a foreign exchange student in my school last year from Norway can vouch for that (HI WILHELM!:))



-Fashion style: I love the way people dress here. It's so different in the way that they dress out compared to how people dress in the US. I feel that people care more about how their appearance is really without that much effort. One major difference is the way the boys look. HERE in Norway they actually maybe even look in the mirror before they walk out the door or dress out a little more. PERSONALLY, I think it's classy and attractive:). As for the girls when I first came into school I felt SO American & somehow my clothes that I had were like 3873987398 times more uncool than what everyone else had on because everyone looked so nice! I feel like Europeans are more "fashionably aware" and it shows in how they are just dressed so much nicer and chic-er than Americans. I love it.;)




-Paradise Hotel: like a "Real World" type TV show except the people are WAY more rediculous in this one. shallow/rediculous/extremelyunintelligent people+paradise+a lot of partying=<3.>








-COMMERCIAL-LESS TV!: Seriously. America has way too many commercials. I love it, there are barely any here.








USA:






-Arnold Palmer: MY SURVIVAL DRINK. seriously, I wish they sold it here in Norway... Half lemonade and half iced tea? genius. (PLUS ALL THE ARIZONA ICED TEA THINGS AS WELL)






-Kirkeland's Trail Mix: SOLD AT COSTCO! BAHH I miss it. Yes, they have trail mix here in Norway but Kirkland has got it down & its HANDS DOWN world's best trail mix.






-Reeses Peanutbutter cups: :( WORLD'S BEST CANDY!






-New York City: favorite city on earth. I'd give anything for one of those spontaneaous New York trips with Momma J and Emmaleah! (mom and sister).






-NO (or rarely) SNOW IN APRIL: yes. not a joke. (okay now I'll stop complaining, its really not THAT bad)






-CHEAP FOOD.






(okay now I'm realizing all of my "items of nostalgia" are all food-items. I promise there is more not-food related things I just can't come up with any RIGHT now. haha)
























































1 comment: